The Sorbetti 2.0 Course
AIA 1 LU | HSW, Canada Potential 1 Learning Credit, IDCEC 0.1 CEU HSWRegister
With the fluid nature of almost all industries today, partly due to societal disruptions caused by the pandemic, it’s more important than ever for businesses to be able to pivot their models and accommodate future changes with ease. Flexible design is imperative for adaptable commercial interiors, as is being able to divide space for different uses down the line.
This course will discuss how modular shelving and storage systems can help meet these important objectives. We will explore the components and design options for flexible shelving and storage systems and how they can help future-proof offices, retail stores, and hospitality facilities.
- Examine the importance of flexible design and space division in commercial interiors.
- Explore the various modular shelving and storage components and understand how the system works.
- Identify the wide variety of options available for modular shelving systems, including lighting, accessories, and finishes.
- Discover how modular shelving and storage systems can help designers create adaptable interiors and divide spaces.
The System 1224 Course
IDCEC 0.1 CEU, AIA 1 LU | Elective, Canada Potential 1 Learning CreditRegister
With a range of design options in finishes such as fabric, metal, or wood panels, lightboxes, and power integration, these modular systems can be specified to match virtually any interior aesthetic. The course will examine the history of modular shelving systems and explore their components, design options, and applications.
This course will discuss System 1224, a modular, wall-mounted, and freestanding shelving system that has quickly become a modern classic in retail stores, hotels, offices, and other commercial applications. The system provides the perfect background for shelving, signage, space definition, and product display, while also providing hidden and accessible storage.
- Examine the history of modular shelving systems and how modernism influenced their design.
- Identify the various components of today’s modular, wall- and floor-mounted shelving and storage and understand how the systems work.
- Discover the wide variety of options available for modular shelving systems, including lighting, the incorporation of graphics, and finishes.
- Explore case studies where modular, wall-mounted shelving systems were used in a variety of markets.